Monday, April 11, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

Edwardes Lake
I found myself in Reservoir this weekend where I took Thomas for a play at Edwardes Lake park.  I'd never been there before.  He loved the vintage steam train, the playground and the very friendly ducks and big black swan at the lake itself.  It's a very pretty part of the world - lots of young families feeding the ducks and enjoying the lovely morning.

Vintage steam train - Edwardes Lake park
We grabbed brunch at Jackson Dodds cafe in Preston (Regent) further up the road.  It's kid-friendly with a children's table and chairs, high chairs and change table in the toilets (which are a good walk up the side street). It's also located near the end of the Gilbert Road tram terminus and near another reserve so Thomas had a second play outside.  I think that whole part of town is slowly gentrifying with young singles and families moving out there while it's still affordable.

The 'Jacks' brekky - yum!
There's another couple of cafes out Preston way, I've mentioned Boundary Espresso before and there's also Pearl Oyster which is a bit 50s and 60s inspired.  Mr Rosanna and I actually had dinner at Jim's Greek Tavern in Collingwood on Saturday night and I'm happy to say not a thing has changed at that place for 20 years - the food is great, it's loud and raucous and we had a really fun night out without the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Love Jims Greek Tavern, the food is great, and the best part is, I have never seen a menu there, so you dont have to make any decisions, they just start bringing the food out. Yum

    ReplyDelete