Thursday, March 3, 2011

Put your hand up

I've done voluntary work a few times in my life.  The first time, I was mid-career and worked for a fashion networking organisation just to keep my finger in the pie.  More recently, I've been on my son Thomas' kinder committee at his kinder which is completely managed by parents.

Whether you are yet to start your career, mid-career, contemplating a new career or retired; voluntary work is a great way of giving something back to the community.  It's also a good way of working out what your true strengths are and gaining some valuable (albeit unpaid) real-life work experience at the same time.

Volunteers of Banyule holds free 2 hour monthly information sessions in Heidelberg and is a non-profit organisation offering a range of services to the volunteering community in Melbourne's metropolitan north-east.

No comments:

Post a Comment