Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pottering around

Ceramics by Lene Kuhl-Jakobsen
I love a good ceramic.  Mr Rosanna has threatened to throw me out if I buy one more Japanese piece.  I also have a thing for Moroccan ceramics and own a number of Australian pieces from Bison, Husk and T2.  There's a fantastic local artist Lene Kuhl-Jakobsen who sells her beautiful ceramics at the Ivanhoe Maker's Market.

She is actually one of the finalists in the Manningham Victorian Ceramic Art Award 2011.  Winners are announced tonight and the exhibition will be held at Manningham Art Gallery from now until Saturday 16th April.  I did a pottery course at the Carlton Arts Centre a number of years ago and I know courses are also held at Claydreamers in Eltham if you are an aspiring potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment