Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy New Year (again)

Apparently it's Indian New Year this Saturday.  To celebrate, a day of games and cultural activities to celebrate cultural diversity will be held at Heidelberg Park, Beverly Road, Heidelberg from 11am - 8pm.  Beside traditional folk dance and a touch of Bollywood dance as well, an assortment of games and activities including running races and rope pulling will also be held.  Over 8,000 people attended last year's inaugural event!
Idly Corner - image via Rosanna Village
We used to go out for Indian at Kake di Hatti every Friday night when we lived in Brunswick and love a good Indian or Thai curry once the weather starts to get cold.  I did want to mention Idly corner in Rosanna.  I've ordered takeaway from them a few times and have loved their food.  Mr Rosanna and I have also been to Cafe Saffron in Ivanhoe.  I wasn't that impressed with the food last time I went but they might have been having an off night.  There's also Bhoj in Templestowe (who do takeaway as well).  While I haven't been there, I have eaten at the sister restaurant at the Docklands and the food was superb.  I've also heard good things about Ginger Garlic in Eltham but haven't been there either so if you have let me know what it's like!

No comments:

Post a Comment