Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Decidedly Deco

Mr Rosanna and I both love Art Deco.  While retro seems to be big in fashion and interiors at the moment, I will always be a Deco girl at heart.  In my next life, I would be re-born as Anna May Wong (pictured) - an Asian American film star from the 1920s.

I was at the Centre Ivanhoe in Ivanhoe today and it's a fantastic example of Art Deco architecture.  If you turn left and take a drive down Melcombe Road, you'll also see the stunning Beaumont Estate built by A.V. Jennings in the 1930s.

Nearby Eaglemont Village is also another favourite - I've popped into the Eaglemont Dish cafe when I've been in the area and I've also heard good things about the Eaglemont Cellars if you like a drink.  It makes a great pit stop if you ever choose to walk the Heidelberg School Artists Trail.

Tip: Two of my favourite Art Deco retailers are Deco Heaven in Tyabb and Prism Lighting if you are looking for special pieces.

1 comment:

  1. You could pick much worst people to re-born as than Anna May Wong ... what a woman ... what a choice.

    ReplyDelete