Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

Goong Hei Fat Choy!  Happy Chinese New Year to you.  It's the Year of the Rabbit and I'm not sure where I'll be celebrating with my family this year.  The Chinese love to celebrate family and food, that and money make up the Asian holy trinity.

We do go to yum cha from time to time.  I've been to Golden Dragon Palace in Lower Templestowe a number of times and never been disappointed.  The interior is quite amazing - very luxe.  Tai Pan in Doncaster East is also always a good bet - it's usually packed with families on a weekend.

Mr Rosanna and I found ourselves in Preston the other weekend and needed to feed the boys fast.  I remembered my sister-in-law had mentioned Gold Leaf for yum cha and we ended up having an impromptu lunch there - it's fairly basic but quick, easy and affordable which is what you want when you have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment