Friday, February 25, 2011

It's all Greek to me

Mr Rosanna and I both love Greek food especially in the warmer months.  In fact, Mr R had his buck's night at Jim's Greek Tavern in Collingwood.  And then there was the time we went to The Press Club for a special dinner and ate so much we couldn't sleep...a little ironic too that Hellenic Republic opened at what used to be our local shops after we moved from the inner city to here.

There is still a lot of delicious Greek food to be had in the burbs.  Newcomer Byzantine (image via rosanna village) in Rosanna opened less than a year ago - I've heard that it's good modern Greek but a little pricey.  My Greek nanny Maria has said that Village Square Greek Tavern in Heidelberg is pretty authentic.  I've eaten at Plaka in East Ivanhoe a number of times and Terry, the owner, does a mean espresso.  Trapezi in Station St, Fairfield has a more urban feel - it is small and with concrete floors, if you don't like noise, ask for a table at the back.  I'm yet to go to St Katherine's in Kew - which is more Middle Eastern-inspired than Greek but will let you know once I do.

I neglected to mention Paladarr Thai in my Thai round up last Friday.  It's more special occasion Thai food given the prices but has a lovely ambience  and is housed in an old art deco bank building in a quiet side street in Alphington.  It also has an outdoor courtyard and fireplace.  Last mention is for the Monty Farmer's Market which is also on tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment