Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home again, home again

I love a good market and mentioned the Hurstbridge Farmers Market  last week.  I've actually been a couple of times to the Ivanhoe Makers Market at the Banyule Arts Space (image courtesy of creativespaces.net.au) in Ivanhoe.  Some gorgeous things from local artists are available for sale on the third Saturday of every month.  For all you organic fans out there, Yarra Organics at Petty's Orchard market is held in Templestowe every Friday while the Eltham Craft & Produce market is on this Sunday (and held on the third Sunday of every month).

Two of the oldest and more regular markets are the Preston Market and St Andrews Market.  I've been to Preston Market a number of times, there's a great stall that sells really cheap cannolli and Gold Leaf Chinese restaurant is also a hop, skip and a jump away. It's been a long time since I've visited St Andrews market - it is pretty hippy/alternative but also worth a visit on a Saturday if you can get up early enough to make the most of the day.

The other two markets I also wanted to mention are the Coburg Trash and Treasure Market held on Sundays and the Fairfield Farmers Market (3rd Saturday of every month).  I've not been to either so if you have please let me know what your experience has been like.

No comments:

Post a Comment