Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Night fish and chips

Yum!  I love Fridays nights when I don't have to cook dinner.  I'm really lucky in that the best fish and chip shop around just happens to be my local.  That's right, the Banyule Fish & Chippery run by Michael, Rita, Fidel, Hannah, Claire and co in Rosanna has received a number of mentions in The Age Epicure and Herald Sun over the years including best metropolitan fish and chip shop.  I've heard people come from as far away as Eltham to buy their fish and chips from them.

We also occasionally get pizza instead.  For families, Pasquale M on Lower Plenty Road in Rosanna is great - you can either dine in, pick up via their very clever drive through area out the back or get your pizza delivered.  If you crave something a bit more sophisticated - Amici Pizza in Burgundy St Heidelberg is the real deal and does both authentic and designer pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment